Life is Precious

Today Jesus reminded me just how precious life is and how I take so much for granted. I'm also aware of how often worry consumes my life when so many of my neighbors are hurting.

Our dear neighbors, R & K, have three boys. The youngest was born back in July. He has been diagnosed with a metabolic disorder and severely jaundiced. Hospice has begun making visits. I held R in my arms as she cried. This is the second time she will be losing a son. She let me hold the little one, and he looked right at me listening to my voice.

My worries of not finding a job to help our family seemed to melt away as I held that tiny baby. I am praying and hoping for a miracle, but most of all I pray the Jesus will be glorified. R told me this isn't the story she would have written for herself, but she knows God has better story to tell.

0 comments: